The 6FG Thoracentesis Catheter is used for the simple aspiration of fluid from the pleural space. The flexible catheter is designed to safely remain in situ whilst post drainage checks are performed.
The system is indicated for the percutaneous introduction of a catheter into the chest for the drainage of fluid and features:
- 6Fg CATHETER MOUNTED ON 18G NEEDLE: to give the best combination of drainage with superior insertion characteristics requiring less force.
- CURVED CATHETER: to minimise the risk of occlusion after insertion.
- MOUNTED ASPIRATION SYRINGE: provides the classic and reliable indication of correct needle tip during insertion and also permits easy collection of a pleural fluid sample.
- SOFT STITCH PLATE: allow the catheter to be secured into position with tape or sutures if required.
- TUBING EXTENSION & 3 WAY TAP: allowing easier and more comfortable access for aspiration.
- DRAINAGE BAG INCLUDED: The set includes a 2l drainage bag to save time and reduce costs.
- CE MARKED, PURPOSE DESIGNED DEVICE, designed specifically for paracentesis and drainage of abdominal ascites, urinary bladder and other drainage applications which avoids the risks of inappropriate use of generic, non specific devices.
Manufactured by Rocket Medical, U.K.