The FLIXENE™ vascular graft is a composite graft construction that offers exceptional strength and durability1. Built from a proprietary biomaterial film lamination process, FLIXENE™ provides unsurpassed burst and suture strength2, and is designed to minimize the ‘weeping’ often seen with traditional vascular bypass grafts following implantation1.
FLIXENE™ vascular grafts offer the discriminating surgeon an exciting alternative to traditional thirty-year old vascular technologies. FLIXENE™ vascular grafts are indicated for vascular access and arterial vascular reconstruction.
- Standard Wall: This configuration of FLIXENE™ maintains its 1.1mm wall thickness throughout the entire graft. The exclusive tri-laminate construction reduces hydrostatic pressure eliminating weeping and/or blood strike-through, clinically demonstrated through minimizing associated complications such as seroma and pseudoaneurysm3. This unique construction offers a mechanical solution for your most challenging dialysis patients.
- Graduated wall: Atrium offers all the benefits of the Standard wall FLIXENE graft configuration but has added a graduated wall thickness for improved suturability. The wall thickness of this configuration becomes 23% thinner at the ends of the graft for ease of suturing and increased conformability at the anastomosis.
- Trumpet: FLIXENE™ TRUMPET has been specifically engineered for the surgeon who prefers a larger tapered hood at the anastomosis. Atrium’s customizable hood allows surgeons to create an anastomosis that most appropriately suits each patient’s vessel anatomy and/or anastomotic condition. The reinforced three layer hood design can be customized to accommodate a more gradual anastomotic diameter for precise anatomical placement, FLIXENE™ TRUMPET is available in multiple sizes and configurations.
- IFG: The FLIXENE™ IFG (Intraluminal Flow Guard) is a uniquely engineered T-shaped vascular graft designed as an upper arm and thigh A-V graft. This new concept facilitates the insertion of a Nitinol™ reinforced intraluminal graft portion directly into the vein for a less abrupt flow transition. The IFG allows for easier maintenance of outflow component1.
Manufactured by Atrium Medical, U.S.A.
1. Data on file at Atrium Medical
2. As compared to standard wall reinforced grafts. Data on file at Atrium Medical
3. Early Cannulation Prosthetic Graft (Flixene™) for Arteriovenous Access Schild Af, Schuman ES, Noicely K, Kaufman J, Gillaspie E, Fuller J, Collier P, Ronfeld A, Nair RR. Journal of Vascular Access, 2011, Volume 10, Number 3, Pages 203-206