The KayPENTAX Digital FEES System is ideally suited to the clinician who requires a quality, cost-effective system with all components supported by one company with a long history as the leader in imaging and swallowing instrumentation.
FEES is a standard technique for evaluating patients with swallowing problems. It is also used in therapy by speech language pathologists (SLP) as a visual display to help patients learn various swallowing maneuvers.
The KayPENTAX Digital FEES System, is a complete FEES system configured for digital recording, storage, and playback of FEES exams. It features high-quality endoscopy components, excellent image quality, built-in patient database and exam management, patient report generation, DVD creation, and networking capability. This system is ideal for the speech clinic or office setting, and can also be used in a hospital setting or rolled to patient bedside.
Advantages of FEES Procedure:
FEES and modified barium studies each have advantages for patient assessment. KayPENTAX’s swallowing systems can record either of these procedures. A number of the commonly cited advantages of the FEES procedure are listed below:
- Procedure can be performed at patient bedside
- No radiation exposure to patient
- Exam duration can be longer allowing experimentation with swallowing maneuvers and therapy planning
- Foods that the patient typically eats can be used during the FEES procedure
- Fatigue, which may lead to aspiration, can be assessed over an entire meal
- Excellent visualization of secretions and penetration
- Flexible endoscope (3.4-mm diameter)
- Halogen light source
- Video camera
- Lens adapter
- Digital Video Recording Module computer
- High-resolution color monitor
- Lapel microphone for recording exam commentary
- Color printer
- Cart with isolation transformer to house all components
Manufactured by KayPENTAX, U.S.A.